CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Lately...

It's been a busy busy few weeks and I feel horrible that I have not been keeping the blog up to date lately, but here goes a quick review for anyone interested.

Gwen has started standing up on her own now. She pulls herself up on footstools, her bouncer, the floor, her exersaucer...pretty much anything! She is really taking some chances when she is standing, too. She lets go and falls down on her butt, she steps different ways and ends up doing the splits and even pushes up in front of her and gets stuck with her butt in the air!

Her vocal range is amazing now. I swear she is trying to be an opera singer with some of those high notes! She is answering us with sounds, getting our attention through her "words" and when I say words, I mean yells, lol. She loves blowing raspberries, doing the Indian chant with her mouth and making a cackle noise (kinda like ahht ahht ahht ahht) and her laugh has become a regular part of each interaction with her.

We got her 9 month pics taken on the day of her actual 9 month unbirthday. She smiled like crazy the whole day, but decided to not smile once in her pics. Hey, they turned out ok anyways so we were happy. I will scan them in and post them soon.

Her 9 mth well baby check up was today and she is in the 10% of height at 26 inches and in the 15% of weight at 18.5 lbs. BUT the Dr. said she is proportionate, growing healthy, head/brain size is good, eating right so he is not worried. Gwen is just a petite baby they said. Then they happen to mention that "Mom is short, so that is probably explaining it" THANKS Dr. Yes, I am short and when I was a baby I was really really petite until I got my tonsils out, then I grew like a WEED! I hope that is not the case here, lol. Hey, we are happy is Gwen is happy and healthy and she is so I guess I can just kiss her being taller than 5 ft 7 in goodbye, ha!

Gwen got recruited by a talent agency this weekend and we had a meeting with them last night. Well, long story short they "wanted her to be in print and TV" and acted like they cared so much and then wanted us to fork out $550 for head shots, NO THANK YOU! Needless to say when they could tell we were not going to get suckers in, they shut down and had us leave. Oh well Gwenie, I am sure somewhere somehow you will be famous :) hehe.

If you don't know, I joined Mary Kay as a consultant for a 2nd job. I wanted something that could make some money, but not take up any specific hours during the week and this gives me the freedom to be with Gwen anytime I want. I have high hopes for this adventure and hope it works out great!

No comments: