CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

It's been a while, I know!

Hello!
Yes, it has been a while. This past week was very odd/sad/annoying and I have not had the want to blog about much. But, that being said, I should probably inform anyone who does not already know...I got laid off this past Wed. Out of the blue and really shocking to me and the other woman they laid off as well. Just got promoted at the end of Jan! The company laid off 30% of it's team world wide because of the economy. This came to a huge shock to everyone and puts us in a bit of a predicament. But, hey, what can you do. Complain about it too much and you hold yourself down, ignore it and you don't get the release and great feeling from screaming about it!

SO, my screaming is done, lol and now I must move on and find something new. I am filing for unemployment, I get a 2 week severence (yea, thanks huh), daycare is giving us the difference of our money back b/c we had paid fulltime pay until May and we are switching to part time pay until May which is very nice of them. Gwen will still go to daycare for 2 days a week so she can socialize and I can go to any interviews I may have. I have insurance until end of April. I think then, depending on the job situation, we will be putting Gwen on some type of insurance, but not ourselves. Risky, but she is what matters.

I do have a few leads from jobs right now, but nothing solid. Honestly I don't mind looking for jobs, it is something I have usually been fairly good at and one of the reasons I actually took the job as a recruiter, to help those people who are not good at finding jobs themselves, get them!

I am selling Mary Kay - it WAS a second job, lol, but now it is a little more of a focus when not looking for something more fulltime. It is going pretty well so that is good. I do have a website so if anyone wants to purchase anything, check out www.marykay.com/stefmiller

I will update again tonight with Gwen's 9 mth pics and a few other fun things. Enjoy!

No comments: