CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Almost 20 months

I have to write this first before I forget but last Thurs. January 14th (my parents 32 anniversary actually) Gwen was taking a bath and stood up, pointed to her bumm and then her potty. I asked her if she needed to go potty and she said "yea" and tried to climb out of the tub, lol. I picked her up and wrapped her up in a towel and sat her on her potty. She WENT! She actually told me she had to go and then she went potty. A real one, not just a tinkle, lol. Jason came in and we all celebrated with high fives and a big flushing finale, ha!

She is getting better and better with letting us know. It's great. I hope she is completely done by 2 years...but that is just a hope, hehe.

She is now saying some new words such as:
Shirt
Juice
Your
Puppy
Muse (meaning music)
Now
This
Clock
Shoes (although it sounds like Sooze sometimes, lol)

I think those are the newest ones, but new words are coming out every single day, it's nuts! I really don't want her to start talking "adult" talk because I love hearing HER language, ya know?

She also knows which room is what. If you stand in the foyer and say "go to the kitchen" she goes. Mommy and Daddys room, she goes. Your bedroom, she goes, etc...AND, now this is hilairous, she is starting to understand what goes IN the fridge and what goes IN the cupboards. She will bring the cans and boxes over to the cupboard area and she will put the cheese and cold items in the fridge. We need to film this. Today she picked up a BAG of potatoes and took them from the entry way of the kitchen to the cupboard under the microwave and put them "away." and I could not stop laughing. That bag is HEAVY!

The wedding planning is coming along nicely. We have the reception and ceremony locations booked. I have a photographer and baker booked. Talking with a DJ and Florist currently, OH and I have my dress! So, I have some pretty big items set in stone. Still don't have an officiant, but I might ask the pastor I grew up with to marry us. If I can't get married in Sioux City with him, I would love if he could come down there, ya know?!

No comments: