CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 15, 2010

Sioux City Xmas '09

Ok so remember how I said DM was cold and snowy??? Well Sioux City was freezing and burried. NO JOKE! I have not seen that much snow since I was 7 and they cancelled Halloween. I remember because I wrote a letter to the Gov. VERY upset about the cencellation, HA!

As we got closer to SC from when Jason's parents dropped us off the more snow and wind and cold appeared. Jason and I were shell shocked...we were taking pictures like we had never seen that much snow, complaining, lol. I didn't wear any other shoes except snow boots and I actually had to use my gloves and hat! Gwen got a new winter coat from my parents and boots as well. Even if we don't have to use them that much out here, it was well worth it and needed there! Seriously, NJ has made us go soft with weather.

Tell you what though...that weather was a blessing because everyone in SC was snowed in and could not have Christmas until that Sunday so we go to go!!! I was kinda sad I was going to miss it to begin with, but the snow worked with me and allowed us to be able to attend :) hehe...I do always get what I want...right Tom?

Christmas was at my sister and brother in laws this year for the first time rather than my parents house. It was great except the 10 foot snow drifts we had to drive BETWEEN to get there, ha! No in all seriousness, Iowans are made to drive in that crap and we were perfectly fine. Xmas rocked, the food was great and my sister's place was amazing. Gwen also had a great time with all her relatives and didn't need to have anything to do with Jason and I, lol. Riley and her are best friends I swear! They are flower girls together so I can imagine how fun that will be for them :) Gwen got a lot more clothes (YAY!) and some random toys, blankets and diapers, HA! Books too...Santa actually got her a lot of books this year and a Monster Bowling set, lol. She made out very well.

Jason and I went to a movie after Xmas was over. Gwen passed out instantly and my parents were fine with listening for her if she needed anything, which she didn't. So, we got a little date and went to see Avatar in 3D...awesome. Although I don't know what was more fun, driving through the snow to get there or the movie! HA!

I made another montage of Xmas at SC. Click on it to make it bigger in a new window.

No comments: