CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Gwendolyn's Baptism in Sioux City

We baptized Gwen on the 28th of Dec. in Sioux City, IA. This is extra special to us because it was in the church I grew up in and she wore MY baptism dress from 27 years ago! Yes, it fit and had not fallen apart yet! Everyone in my family was there and a good amount of Jason's family trekked through the ice storm to make it to Sioux City for Gwenie as well. We had cake and coffee after church and then made our way to my parents house for lunch and presents for little Bean.

The ruffles on her butt are just too cute!



So happy it fit and looked good enough to wear...very special time for me and I hope maybe her daughter can wear it 27 yrs from now...wouldn't THAT be amazing!






Both sides of the family!



Sioux City side :)



Des Moines folk who made it through the ice!



Gwen's fist time trying cake icing! Needless to say, she loved it!





This one was a favorite of mine. Gwen with her grandma's...wow, she is floating there in between them, isn't she? hehe.



My dad ended up getting Gwen a fishing pole for his gift to her on her baptism. Adorable. It arrived about 2 days after we got home. It is in the closet right now and Gwen is sleeping at my feet so I will have to get up, get it out and take a pic of it later. I will post it then, but it was such a great gift because I used to go fishing with him when I was little. I am sure Gwen will get to as well :)

Here are the rest of the pics in the form of a slideshow, enjoy!

No comments: